Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cease striving and know that I am God. - Psalm 46:10

Get close to God then do what you want!! While we have lived this way for years, it's only this week that I read something that not only supported this idea but also filled in a little meat to this ideology. It's from Priscilla Shirer in her book Discovering the Voice of God.

"We look around every corner to discover God's will. We often carry a load of responsibility because we wonder if our decisions are in God's will. Desiring and doing His will is not our responsibility to discover; it's His responsibility to reveal. Phillipians 2:13 says It is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

No longer do I frantically search for God's will; I frantically search for God. I trust that it is His responsibility to show me what He wants me to do and how to do it by speaking through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. As I seek Him, stay in His Word, and continue to keep an intimate relationship with Him by confessing my sin, He transforms my mind and emotions to align with His plans."

Get Close to God then Do what You want!! 'cause what you want when you are close to God is what He wants!!

How freeing is that!! Go in freedom today!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've been busy! Lots of good stuff over here! Great post.
www.diaryof1.com