Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yippee! Sprinklers are on!

Spring cleaning this weekend left our yard looking so much better after 5 huge garbage bag loads of yard debris were cleared from the garden beds. We lost a few perennials this winter and spring, but clearing out some of these plants just cleaned up the beds a bit to create room for nearby plants to thrive.

New life. Such a joy after a long winter. Little shoots of life, pushing with all their might through the soil gave me so much joy to see once I cleared the dead plant parts away. This time of year, my fingernail are more likely to have dirt under them then they are not (and so are my toes 'cause I love to garden barefoot!).

And as I type this, it's nearly 8:30 and it's still light outside and the sweet sound of the sprinklers are pattering away life giving water on our newly organically fertilized lawn and garden beds.

The anticipation of summer and the daily change in plants as they come back to life during this time of year makes these days some of my favorite days of the year!

No comments: