Friday, June 13, 2008

My Aha! Moment of the week - A Playful game of tag

The UnMentionable Moment and the Saga that surrounded that, prompted me to tag 8 of you to hear some of your Aha! Moments of The Week. We all have these moments - we are going along life, and then something happens that tugs our heart in a special way. Simple comments from a child or profound moments at a graduation ceremony, or maybe God sheds some light on a situation for you, or maybe.... All these moments shape us and if you'd be so kind, maybe you could share them with us.


Here's my Aha! Moment of the week

Yesterday, I drove through a quaint little tourist town near my home and saw a group of Red Hat Society ladies decked out with purple clothes and red hats and found myself giving them a quick honk - they all looked up and waived at me happily as we all waived at them, equally as enthusiastically. As I explained to the Sprouts who these women were, I began to tear up. "These women, have raised their kids, raised their puppies, done their hours of volunteering, potlucking, floor cleaning, roast making, diaper changing, and maybe even some loved-ones burying...and now they are free to just get together for the simple sake of Fun. They can break the rules, wear purple and red, stop all the endless To Do list accomplishing and just be together." I shed a happy tear for them - while I sped by with 2 small sprouts and a new puppy - me at the beginning of the journey, them in the middle of theirs - and I felt a kinship with them and an energy to savor my sprouts and my puppy, for some day, in a flash, I could be wearing a Red Hat, laughing at days gone by.


Your Aha! Moment of the Week
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players write their Aha! Moment Story and post it on their blog.
4. Players also post these rules and a link back to Pounding the Pavement (so I can read all of your stories!).
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, well, I will work on learning how to tag people. It just so happens that I did have an Aha moment last night; so I had fun writing about it. Thanks for the good ideas that cause us to think.

Welcome! said...

I don't usually play the tag games. But this one is GOOD! And it inspired me to write!

Unknown said...

Done. :-)