Monday, June 2, 2008

A moment for Princess Sprout

A few weeks ago I was horrified to discover a huge chunk of PS's hair missing in action. Her glorious blond crowning glory had been snipped off by the hands of a little curious PS who "wanted to see what her hair felt like when it wasn't attached to my head." THE SAME!! I could have spared you the experiment!!




I tried to use various means to cover up the sin - bandannas, rubber bands, barretts - but invariably, it would fall out and expose the truth. Her scraggly appearance had to come to an end, it was time to visit the salon.



So today, PS has been transformed into a little pixie. "Don't worry mommy, " she said, giggling under her kid cape as she sat on the chair at the salon, "You don't have to cry mommy, it'll grow back!"




She easily had 10 1/2 inches to share, so we asked them to donate it to Locks of Love: http://www.locksoflove.org/ to be used to make a wig for a child without hair. In the end, the thought that her beautiful blond hair would be used in this way dried up all my tears.


Way to go little sprout!! You look like a kindergartner now!! She loves it!! I miss the long blond hair of yesterday but I must admit, this cut fits her spunky personaltity!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

It's adorable! And I totally agree...I almost cried when they were cutting Emma's long beautiful hair but I love it short too and it fits her personality as well.

Amanda said...

She told me all about donating, what a fabulous way to bring joy to an experiment gone way wrong! Good going!

Kristin said...

I absolutely love her hair cut! I remember when Jeffrey took a huge chunck out of Emma's hair that was finally growing. I cried, but a good and wise friend reminded me to capture the moment with the camera because someday I would laugh about it. Little sprout is very wise beyond her years.

Randell said...

Too funny! She is so cute! Love that she's planning on growing it out again. How beautiful that God takes the "wrong" and makes the situation "beautiful"!

runninggal said...

I love your post Kaaren! How God can use all things for his purposes! The morning I discovered her hair cut I was so upset, but as I looked through the pictures of bald children on Locks of Love that may now be a recipient of a wig made from the remainder of Sprout's hair I felt so blessed to conclude this situation by accomplishing something good.

Unknown said...

So cute! That little curious thing.
www.diaryof1.com