Thursday, February 26, 2009

Awesome reads

I'll leave the details up to you to get to discover. Some books I have just finished that I'd highly recommend:

1. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khalid (fast read - hard to not read and want to take action to do something for the plight of the Afghani people. Really awesome book to learn about the Afghani people.)

2. Blink (the Fiction book, not the one I reviewed a few months ago) - Ted Dekker (hard to put this book down - set in the US and in Saudi Arabia) - for locals, I have this book in my personal library- you can borrow any time! You'll have it read in a night or 2 - it's that spellbinding good!

3. Stubborn Twig - Written by a Corvallis, OR author. An interesting historical account of a Japanese immigrant family and their plight in an anti-Jap Oregon in the 20s, 30s, and 40s. It will shock you that such horrible atrocities were heaped on this race of people in our country. Slow read but very interesting and well written.

No comments: