Monday, November 3, 2008

Not-running girl

I have to confess...I have been injured. My first injury since 1991 and it's downright depressing. I did just what I was told to do and knew to do, I went to the gym and did my "run" on an eliptical machine. Indoors is just not where it's at. I stared out the window at the beautiful orange leafed-trees and dreamed of breathing in the fresh outdoor air as I remained in the sterile indoor world of the gym.

Thankfully, the front desk girl is also a runner and completely agreed that nothing gives the satisfaction of a good, hard run.

Anyway, I am not exactly sure why or how I am injured or even what it is at this point - I know that I did an unthinkable - I didn't get new shoes on time (like 500 miles too late, you know, save some pennies) and I crashed pretty good on my new Specialized Stumpjumper Expert mountain bike - putting a nice ding across the word "Expert". I suspect a strained calf muscle from either shin splints or the crash pulling my ankle and straining the leg muscles.

Tonight as I whined to StudHusband that when running gets taken from me I will just completely shut down ( I was laughing at myself as I said this...but I feel desperate at this moment!)...he calmly said to me, "Oh no you won't. You'll find something else to do."

To that I quipped, "but I'd have to shut my blog down!!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man!! I'm so sorry. I know just what you mean. I'm not a runner; but I am a huge walker. I walk for miles each day in our gorgeous fall weather. The other day, I had to use my petite treadmill; and as you stated, it just wasn't the same. I'll be praying that you heal soon so that you can join the pavement once again.

Yule {b}Log said...

YOu could become the skiing gal and hit the slopes with me!